SUNDAY, JUNE 8 MORNING 9:30 a.m.
Workshop 5: Taking Guesswork Out of Your Color Work FULL – CLOSED
Instructor: Alex Zonis
We will discuss selection and use of color when sketching on location, using principles of color theory of Johannes Itten. Participants will understand the color wheel, learn 8 basic color schemes and 7 methods of color contrast. We will create one or two sketches using some of the more exotic color schemes and an unusual contrast method.
- Understanding a universal system of thinking about color and color vocabulary
- Understanding the system behind intuitive color work
- Practicing color like a painter
- Sketchbook or paper, white is preferred for this workshop
- Your usual sketching supplies. Please bring your usual familiar materials. Have supplies to work in color (watercolor, colored pencils, colored pens, acrylic paints, anything that will produce color image)