SATURDAY, JUNE 7 MORNING 9:30 a.m.
Workshop 1: A Crash Course in Urban Sketching FULL – CLOSED
Instructors: Wes Douglas and Barbara Weeks
A proper introduction to Urban Sketching, this workshop will clear up any possible confusion between what makes this different from other forms of sketching – a class to help get you started Urban Sketching.
- Defining Urban Sketching
- Reviewing and understanding the Urban Sketching Manifesto
- Learning the history of the Urban Sketchers movement
- What kind of people make up urban sketchers? Is there any kind of training or prerequisite to be an urban sketcher?
- How to Begin
- Facing the scene and the blank page
- Improving “seeing” skills
- Understanding the why and how of sketching
- Designing a sketch journal page
- Tips and tricks
Sketch pad of choice and whatever drawing tools you feel most comfortable with. At the very least, a pencil or pen and paper.
- Samples of our work
- Book titles
- Blog and web links
- List of favorite supplies
- A copy of the manifesto
Sketches by Wes: